Darby Green & Potley Football Club is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and requires all members of whatever level or authority, to abide and adhere to this general principle and the requirements of the Code of Practice issued by the Equal Opportunities Commission and Commission for Racial Equality.
All members are expected to abide by the requirements of the Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1986 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995. Specifically, discrimination is prohibited in:
1. Treating any individual on grounds of:
c. Marital status
e. Nationality or ethnic or national origin
g. Sexual orientation
less favourably than others.
2. Expecting an individual solely on the grounds stated above to comply with requirement(s) for any reason whatsoever related to their membership, which are different from the requirements of others.
3. Imposing on individuals, requirements that are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on others. For example, this would include applying a condition which makes it more difficult for members of a particular race or sex to comply than others, not of that race or sex.
4. Victimisation of an individual.
5. Harassment of an individual, by virtue of discrimination.
6. Any other act or omission of an act, which has as its effect the disadvantaging of a member against another, or others, purely on the above grounds. Thus, in the entire Club’s recruitment, selection, promotion and training processes, as well as disciplinary matters, it is essential that merit, experience, skills and temperament be considered as objectively as possible.
Darby Green & Potley Football Club commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, a requirement that the practice ceases forthwith, restitution of damage or loss (if necessary) and to the investigation of any member accused of discrimination.
Any member found guilty of discrimination will be instructed to desist forthwith. Since discrimination in its many forms is against the Football Club’s policy, any member offending will be dealt with under the disciplinary procedure.
Darby Green & Potley Football Club commits itself to the disabled person whenever possible and will treat such members, in aspects of their recruitment and membership, in exactly the same manner as other members. The difficulties of their disablement permitting assistance will be given, wherever possible to ensure that disabled members are helped in gaining access.